Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 1

The Adjustment

The first day on this diet regime was very tough for me. In the morning I woke up feeling more energetic and well rested than I have in awhile, but very dehydrated. The lemon Mega-T water and detox pills kept me feeling full past lunch, but I became very thirsty around the mid-day. I was able to drink water and the feeling went away until around dinner time, I started to develop dizziness not in connection to hunger pangs, but more possibly related to dehydration. In the evening I had the pleasure of going to see the hilarious "Bring Him To the Greek" and laughed from beginning to end, but in the middle of the movie, I broke out in a cold sweat and felt like my heart was racing. I have no idea if it was the excitement from the film, or if it was a side effect from the detox pills. I have made note of the strange side effect, and if it happens again I may discontinue using the pills and try a different detox option. 
Physically, my body already feels lighter, due to the fact that the water and detox pills seem to do what they claim.  Excuse me here by saying this, but 'you may experience frequent trips to the bathroom' is definitely an understatement.  I am starting to see muscle definition and my pants are already looser (no doubt due to significant water loss). The last few hours of the day were particularly hard, I am not hungry, but I can tell my body is craving a sweet treat. Fortunately re-adjusting my diet; eliminating most carbs, high sugars, caffeine, high saturated fat foods, and minimizing my portion sizes, has made me ridiculously tired, putting me on a very regular sleep schedule. I could get used to this!

No comments:

Thanks for visiting!

site counters